Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Mountains beyond Mountains



Mountains beyond Mountains
 

Cadeau trying to "help" Jenny up the moutain:)



How GREAT is our God!!


Almost at the top....

Monday and Tuesday of this week are holidays here in Haiti, and although I had a mountain (pun intended) of work waiting for me, I decided I needed to get out of PAP for at least a day and enjoy some nature.  I convinced Jenny and Cadeau to accompany me on a hike in the mountains.  We packed a picnic lunch and started off with no real plan in mind.  We drove for a while and then parked the car and started hiking.  It was wonderful.  The cool breeze, the warm sun, the flowers, the view, the fresh air, the silence, the smell of pine trees mingled with smoke from a wood stove... a little slice of heaven right here in Haiti.  Jenny and I stopped and smelled every flower and admired every view.  Cadeau was slightly less enthusiastic and more focussed on getting to the top:)  It was a lovely day and I'm glad I didn't spend it sitting in my office

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!

- g-

OPERATION ADD MINUTES said...

Love tose pics... Can never forget that place!