Friday, January 28, 2011

GIRLS ONLY!!!

January 13, 2010 was the day we had planned a special day for the older girls in our school community.  The invitations had been sent out, the party favours bought, a special speaker booked, the activities planned, and I was excited!  Of course the earthquake put a major dent in our plans...One of my first thoughts after the earthquake was that we wouldn't be able to have our "girls only seminar" as planned and I was really disappointed.  Over a year has passed and although I haven't forgotten, other things are keeping me busy these days and the idea kept moving further and further back in my mind.... The other day Karen mentioned to me that our 'guest speaker' was going to be back in town and maybe we should see if she would still be interested in speaking.  We figured it couldn't hurt to ask, so we did, and she agreed!
So once again, the invitations went out and preparations started anew...
The Invitation

Invitations ready to be given out
The event takes place next Thursday, I'll be sure to post pictures!

No comments: