Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Saying Goodbyes

 After four days of being sick in bed, on Monday I was finally feeling well enough to go back to work.  All the teachers were busy working on their report cards first thing in the morning and I had the opportunity to sit and have a brief meeting with Randy.  Near the end of the meeting Karen came and asked me if I could come and take a picture for her because she had forgotten her camera.  As I entered the room to take the picture.... surprise!!!! Randy, Karen, Alix and the staff had organized a surprise going away party for me. I was so touched, there were lots of speeches, delicious cupcakes, cold drinks and perhaps a few tears (none from me of course).

Surprise!!

Alix sharing how much he appreciates my organizational skills:)

My tearful goodbye speech

Pastor Delfils reminding me about the important influence teachers have on their student's lives

Being surrounded by prayer

My gift from the ACS staff
Yummy!

Randy and Karen presented me with a gift from themselves and the organization and one of the teachers presented me with a plaque of appreciation.
I was so touched by the effort put into this party.  Randy, Karen, Alix and the rest of the staff have tonnes of work to do these days and yet found the time to organize this party for me.  Lots of kind and mostly true things were said and I felt very appreciated.
The last two years have had lots of highs and lows and I am so thankful that I was able to work alongside such amazing people who supported me and encouraged me in so many ways.  I will miss them all so much!

No comments: