Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Bon Voyage Parties

The last few weeks of my time in Haiti passed in a blur. I was out of my regular routine and trying to finish my "to do" list and enjoy some time with friends.  One week I completely forgot it was Tuesday and missed ladies Bible study.  The following Sunday the Pastor's wife asked if I would be coming the upcoming week because it was one of the ladies birthdays and she wanted to organize a small party for her.  I agreed to try my best to remember.  I arrived early at the school and noticed that A LOT of people were milling around and they all seemed to be very busy and no one would tell me what they were doing.  I started to get pretty suspicious... shortly after I discovered that the entire church was throwing a surprise going away party for me.
The Ladies singing a song dedicated to me!



It was a Haitian party so of course there was LOTS of food!
And because you can never had too many parties, the Saturday night before I left, Randy and Karen organized another going away party for me.
The men on "grill" duty

One last chance to bond with Levi

One little girl that I will miss very much

Samuel and Cadeau enjoying some food

Some of the ladies
Overall I feel very blessed and loved.  I will miss my community in Haiti, I was blessed to make some great friends who supported and loved me during my time in Haiti.  You will all continue to be in my prayers.

No comments: